around which teeth are located. MF, thanks to this design, provides high-quality mixing of solid components, as well as liquids in any variations. That is its functionality that makes MF in demand in various industries.
- It dissolves and leads to a state of a liquid emulsion, significantly different in composition and density.
- Creates suspensions of solid particles (amorphous and crystalline), insignificant concentration (up to 80%).
- Provides agitation of relatively large particles (up to 1.5 mm) of solids at a concentration of up to 50%.
- Increases the intensity of heat exchange.
- It provides suspensions of a high degree of homogeneity.
The design feature of milling mixers
The milling mixer (MF) has a working body (impeller) that looks like a disk whose blades are pointed like teeth. The principle of operation of the MF is similar to the principle of operation of a turbine mixer.
Typically, milling mixers have a diameter of 100 to 1250 mm.
The immersion depth of the standard design mixer is quite limited. To increase the immersion depth without loss of efficiency, the shaft can be equipped with additional milling cutters.
The impeller design allows the mixer to operate at high speeds, spending a minimum amount of energy. This is because during mixing the fluid layers acquire different speeds. Similar processes occur in colloidal mills.
Milling mixers — universal, which makes it possible to use them to create homogeneous suspensions, emulsions, pastes, as well as mix liquids and solid components of the mixture in various combinations.
Scope of application of the milling mixer
A milling mixer is used in many industries, which makes it possible to replace other types of high-speed mixers with it, in particular,propeller mixers and turbine ones.
- In the paint and varnish industry — for the manufacture of adhesives, «liquid glass» and paints.
- In the chemical industry – for the manufacture of fertilizers, detergents, cooling lubricants, etc.
- In the food industry — for the manufacture of pastes, ketchups, sauces associated with the breakdown of fibrous substances.
- In the oil industry for the mixing of petroleum products.
- In non- ferrous and ferrous metallurgy – to give uniformity to molten metal, etc.
The device of the milling mixer
Milling mixers are manufactured in three versions: with a worm gear motor (version A); with a coaxially cylindrical gear motor (version B) and directly from an electric motor(version C).
The device of the mixer
1- mixer drive;
2- bearing housing (if necessary);
3 — shaft;
5-mixing device (impeller).
Parameters of typical milling mixers
|The capacity of the device, m3||Mixer diameter, mm||The number of revolutions of the mixer, min -1||Drive power, kW|
|Пример условного обозначения||Example of a symbol|
|МТО – тип мешалки: Мешалка фрезерная||MTO-type of mixer: milling mixer|
|Мощность электродвигателя: 5,5 кВт||Electric motor power: 5.5 kW|
|Напряжение электрической сети: 380 В||Power supply voltage: 380 V|
|Диаметр мешалки: 350 мм||Mixer diameter: 350 mm|
|Число оборотов: 300 об./мин.||Rotary speed: 300 rpm|
|/1 – количество рядов мешалок на валу||/1 — the number of rows of mixers on the shaft|
|Материал мешалки: Cтх18Н9Т||Mixer material: Sth18N9t|
Milling mixer with a shaft length of 1400 mm and single-end seal.
The diameter of the impeller is 400 mm.
The number of revolutions of the impeller is 1000 rpm.
The power consumption of the agitator is 22 kW from the mains voltage of 380 V. Material of manufacture — Aisi304.
Milling mixer on the worm gear motor
Impeller diameter — 250 mm.
The number of revolutions of the impeller is 186.7 rpm.
The power consumption of the mixer is 2.2 kW from the mains voltage of 380 V. Material of manufacture — Aisi316.
Milling mixer with mounting frame.
The diameter of the impeller is 250 mm.
The number of revolutions of the impeller is 373 rpm.
The power consumption of the mixer is 1.5 kW from the mains voltage of 380 V. Material of manufacture-12X18N10T.